2023-24 Updated Information about FCPS Agenda
What are the Fairfax County Public Schools Teaching our Children?
- Fairfax County Public Schools Policy 2603.2 Gender – Expansive and Transgender
Students. Parents are not able to opt their children out of these programs because
they are integrated into all aspects of student life.
a. “…. Does not require parental permission for students to be called a chosen
name/pronoun.” [FCPS:10.1, FCPS:24.1]
b. “Medical treatments or procedures are not considered a prerequisite for
identifying students as transgender.” [FCPS:6.9]
c. (Pages 4-5) Facilities (bathrooms, sleeping arrangements, locker rooms) and
activities are accessed based on gender identity.
d. Here is the link to Policy 2603 on Gender
- Does Fairfax County Public Schools Use Governor Youngkin’s Model Policies on
Transgender Issues? – No
a. Here is the Superintendent’s Letter basically reaffirming 1. Above.
b. Here is Governor Younkin’s Model Policies on Transgender Issues.
- Student Rights and Responsibilities
a. According to the policy, students have the right to:
i. “be called by chosen names and pronouns,”
ii. “non-disclosure of gender identity and/or sexual orientation,” and
iii. “access restroom and locker room facilities and other non-
stigmatizing accommodations that are consistent with the student’s
gender identity, faith, and for any other reasons as identified in Regulation
2603.2.” b. We present this to show that across the board, this policy has been integrated into all aspects of student life.
- Family Life Education
a. Parentchild.org has done an excellent job of framing the current FCPS Family
Life Education (FLE) program. It should be noted that this is in the curriculum as
a stand-alone entity, one which parents may opt their children out of. Here is the
link to the form to opt your child out.
b. Below you will an snapshot analysis of the FLE program along with the the
details. By clicking on each, you may see the full document.
i. The stop-light chart is here.
ii. The Analysis is here.
- Other FCPS Policies of Concern
- A Catechism on the Human Person and Gender Ideology 2022
- A Pastor Saves His Flock With Catholic Education 9/10/21
- Fairfax County schools told teachers critical race theory is a ‘frame’ for ‘our work’ – Washington Times 10/26/21
- Teachers Orientation
- Irreversible Damage
- Catechism of the Catholic Church
- Bishop Burbidge’s Catechesis
- Pastor Columns
- Pastor Homilies
- Parents Information
- Moral Responsibility
- Speaker Series
- Catholic Schools
- Home School
- Progress of Our Lady of Ransom Scholarship Fund
- Family Research Council: Transgender Ideology in Public Schools: Parents Fight Back
- Catholic Response to Transgender Ideology (August 2021)
- Educate: Parents Talk (October, 2019)
- A Parent’s Guide to the Transgender Movement in Education
- Educating and Equipping Parents on the Transgender Trend
- A Parent’s Rights Don’t End At The School’s Parking Lot
- Opt Out
- FCPS Education in the news
- Incident Report